A powerful and lightweight portable charging solution is today’s featured iPad Insight Deal. It’s the Limefuel Lite USB Battery Pack. It features a 15,000mAh Lithium-ion battery capable of charging most tablets 2-3 times, two USB ports, and a digital display showing how much juice it’s got left. It’s on offer today at 36% – at just $34.99, down from $55.
Here are its key features:
- 15,000mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Digital display indicates exact level of charge
- Built in flashlight
- Stylish & compact design
- Grade A battery cells and high quality circuitry provide protection against short circuit, anti-discharge protection, anti-overcurrent protection and anti-explosion protections
- 500+ lifetime use cycles
- 2 USB ports for multi-device charging
- Auto-on and auto-off preserves battery charge
You can see more details and place an order at this iPad Insight Deals page.
One of my friends has just become a head teacher for the first time and she asked me if there were any decent handwriting recognition apps on the iPad which would enable her to turn her handwriting into text to save typing up notes after her meetings. I thought carefully about this and nothing sprung to mind, certainly nothing which would beat the performance of her Galaxy Note and S-pen. Handwritten note taking is really the one weak link that the iPad has and although styluses have come a long way recently, I wasn’t so sure about handwriting recognition. After a search online, I found three contenders for the iPad crown; Notes Plus, WritePad Pro and MetaMojiNote. Here they are, in order of greatness. [click to continue reading…]
This beast of a battery is the Belkin Travel Power Pack 9000. It’s a 9000 mAh battery, translates to about three or four charges for my iPhone 5S, or 60–70% of my iPad Air’s battery in real life charging situations. The Power Pack isn’t one of those tiny batteries that you use in an emergency to provide a bit of a charge. No, having a Power Pack in your bag is more like bringing the kitchen sink with you (well, if the kitchen sink provided power, and not water).
The Power Pack has two USB ports on it for charging — a 1.0A for smartphones and 2.5A port for tablets — but I really only ever used one of them at a time because I only carry one Lightning cable around with me. The shiny black plastic shell looks good, if a little non-descript, and it does pick up fingerprints easily.
[click to continue reading…]
If you’re looking to learn or improve iOS 8 app development skills, the today’s featured iPad Insight deal might be a very good fit. It’s The Complete iOS 8 + Swift Developers Course (Pre-Order) – which offers the opportunity to build 14 iOS 8 Apps Using Xcode 6 & Apple’s New Programming Language – 36+ Hours of Elite Training. And it’s available right now at 92% off – at just $79 instead of its standard price of $998.
Here’s a more of the deal’s description and notable features:
JUMPSTART YOUR iOS 8 APP DEVELOPMENT
Once released, this iOS 8 Bootcamp teaches you the tools needed to develop iPhone and iPad applications for iOS 8.
You’ll learn the syntax of Swift, the language used to develop for iOS, as well as important design patterns and best practices. By the conclusion of the course, you’ll have an understanding of, and the ability to recreate many popular iOS app features in apps of your own.
And it’s the ultimate learning by doing experience: build 14 apps during the course, with the final app being a full featured dating app: A Tinder Clone.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
The release of iOS 8 is right around the corner, don’t you want to be ready?
If you want to create a new app for Apple’s latest mobile platform as soon as it’s released this fall, this is the course to get you there.
- No Coding Experience Necessary
- Over 350 videos and 36.5 hours of content
- Swift: Learn the language used to develop all native iOS and Mac apps
- iOS 8 and Xcode 6: Learn the latest technology platforms from Apple
- API Integration: Connect with third party APIs like Facebook and more with NSURLSession
- Storyboard: Learn how to create beautiful interfaces using Apple’s graphical interface builder
- Designing responsive interfaces for the myriad of iOS device screen sizes
- Core Data: Store data on your device with the core data database
- Git: Learn how to use Git for version control and collaboration
- CloudKit: A revolutionary new tool from Apple that allows iOS developers to create database in the cloud right from the iOS client app
- Intro to the Metal Framework. Harness the full power of the A7 chip in your iPhone 5s
- In-app analytics
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or later
Please Note: Due to an Apple NDA, you will not receive full access to this iOS 8 course until Apple releases iOS 8 to the public. Bitfountain will release this course to all purchasers as soon as iOS 8 is available to the general public in August/September.
Check out all the details and place an order at this iPad Insight Deals page.
‘The Zombie Banker’ is the title of today’s featured iPad artwork. This image is the creation of José António Fundo.
Here’s the artist’s own overview of the piece:
Part of the Zombie Economists collection, “The Zombie Banker” is a caricature of Ricardo Salgado, former CEO of Banco Espírito Santo, fallen in disgrace after leaving the financial institution with major debt and serious allegations of fraud.
Adonit Jot Touch, Sketchbook Ink, Sketchbook Pro and Pixlromatic on iPad.
I have to admit, that’s pretty much how I picture all those horribly corrupt bankers from Wall Street and around the world who have done so much harm to so many individuals and national economies.
You can see more of José António Fundo’s work at his Flickr stream.
And of course you can enjoy lots more beautiful iPad paintings in our own iPad Art section.