Here is a basic rundown of the new features coming this year in watchOS 6.
- Gradient Face
- Large Numeral Face
- New Digital Numeral Face
- A “California” Face
- Solar Face
- New Audiobooks app for listening to books.
- Voice Memos
- Completely independent Watch apps now allowed!
- Full streaming audio API for third-party apps.
The App Store comes to Apple Watch
- Search with Siri, Dictation or Scribble
New Health and Fitness Features
- Activity Trends- Coaching to help keep you on track and reward you for improvement.
- Hearing Health- Noise app for background noise tracking.
- Cycle tracking- Sherlock time. Also available for free in Health on the iPhone.
- New Complications for Noise, Wind, Rain and Cycles
- Streaming in apps directly from the Watch. The MLB App made for a nice demo.
- Auto Updates right on the Watch now.
To be honest, other than independent apps and the App Store, this is a pretty pedestrian upgrade by the looks of it.
Stay tuned for more.