For any of you who celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving. For those who don’t Happy late November Thursday.
Today I’m hugely thankful just to be here and healthy, and for family who are here today, friends, the beautiful day and the beautiful city I live in.
I also want to say thanks to all of you who visit iPad Insight – for reading our articles, for adding your comments, for sharing our posts on social networks, and just for visiting. Hope you’re all having a great day.
Image: via the excellent Pimp Your Screen iPad app
Today’s featured deal is the 10 Ft. Apple-Certified MFi Lightning Cable – the handy charging cable that will help you keep your iPad charged even from across the room. It’s on offer for $18.99 – a full 52% off its standard $40 price tag.
Few things are more annoying than having a charge cable for the iPad or another favorite mobile device not reach comfortably to where your device is. So having a 10 foot lightning cable around for those occasions where you need a little extra stretch is a very good thing.
Here’s a little of the intro for this handy iPad accessory and its compatibility details:
With this handy Apple MFi-certified 10-foot cable in your tech arsenal, you’ll never have to compromise your chillaxing multi-tasking again. It can easily stretch across the room to conveniently give you power wherever you decide to be.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Let’s face it, the stock Lightning cable that comes with your iPhone is just too short. This 10 ft. (3M) cable is just downright more convenient, and who doesn’t appreciate that?
- iPhone Models: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, & iPhone 5s
- iPad Models: iPad w/Retina display, iPad mini, iPad mini w/Retina display, & iPad Air
- iPod Models: iPod nano 7th Generation, iPod touch 5th Generation, & iPod touch 5th Generation
You can see more details and place an order for the 10 Ft. Apple-Certified MFi Lightning Cable at this iPad Insight Deals page.
‘Cottage’ is the title of today’s featured iPad painting.
It’s the work of Rafeal Co, aka Raffy or Cheeky Raffy, created using the Procreate app.
I always love how so much seems to be going on in Raffy’s paintings, although this one is little less hectic than many others of his. The colors are what have me fascinated with this one. They’re powerful and create a bit of a feeling of foreboding as well.
You can check out more of Raffy’s excellent work at his Rafael Co Flickr stream.
If you’d like to explore lots more beautiful iPad paintings from a number of great iPad artists, take a look at our own iPad Art section here at iPad Insight.
Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our weekly picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every Saturday. Check out all out picks below and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is Healthy Recipes by SparkRecipes for iPad, which I’m going to shorten to Healthy Recipes in the rest of this post to try to keep my wrists healthy. The app’s name lets you know what’s on offer – a great collection of healthy recipes – over 500,000 in fact – from SparkRecipes.com, which is touted as the world’s largest healthy recipes site.
I’m just about the perfect target audience for this app, because I’m continually trying to eat healthier but my cooking skills are pretty much non-existent. There are a huge number of cooking and cookbook apps for the iPad and I’ve looked at and installed quite a few of them. Healthy Recipes has been the one that gave me a good comfort level quickly and didn’t scare me off.
[click to continue reading…]
Need a great task manager app for your iPad? Well, one of the very best, Things, is available for free right now as Apple’s Free App of the Week. Both Things for iPad and Things for iPhone are free until November 28.
Things is one of the very best iPad (and iPhone and Mac) task management apps around. It sports a gorgeous design and it’s easy to use and full of powerful features. Although it’s well worth the price, it’s also a relatively expensive app on iOS and the Mac – so this a nice opportunity to grab up this top-notch app for zero dollars.
Even the Things Mac app is part of the discount fun this week – on offer at 30% off its standard price.
Here’s more detail on the promotion, straight from the good people who make Things:
- Apple are promoting both our iOS apps as “Free App of the Week” (normally US$19.99 iPad + $9.99 iPhone).
- The promotion is global, and will last from November 20-28.
- Apple have intentionally chosen Things as a great app for Thanksgiving.
- We have never given Things away for free before, so this is a rare opportunity.
- To compliment the free iOS apps, we have also dropped the Mac app by 30% during the same time (normally US$49.99, now $34.99).
- All three apps were recently redesigned for iOS 8 & Yosemite—and they received a bunch of great new features, including an “Add to Things” Extension, Handoff between all devices, Background Refresh on iOS, a new iOS app icon, support for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus, and a Today Widget on OS X.
- These free iOS apps are fully functional—there are no in-app purchases.
- Our Things Cloud sync service is also free.
And here’s an App Store link for Things for iPad.