NBA Game Time for iPad 2013-2014 was updated yesterday, to Version 5.3.
This update is specifically for the NBA Playoffs, which tip off today. Here are the changes in this update:
It’s that time of year again, NBA Game Time has been updated for the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
We’ve added a live playoff bracket showing status for each series and the most recent games.
For each series there is also a series hub, which includes:
• Series Status
• Series Videos
• Series Schedule
• Series Leaders
• Series Notification Toggle
Good stuff, especially for those times where a game you really want to see is not on TV or you just can’t be around a TV. As always, I’m looking forward to the playoffs – and this is a great app to help me keep up with them.
Here’s an App Store link for NBA Game Time 2013-2014; it’s a free app.
iOOTP Baseball 2014 is the latest, greatest version of the excellent baseball management game for the iPad and iOS. It hit the App Store yesterday and it’s got quite a nice set of new features for this year’s edition, including:
• Real Opening Day 2014 rosters. Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system available today.
• Player Editor. Players can edit everything from names and biographical information to hitting, fielding, and pitching ratings.
• Improved AI, including a direct port of the new player evaluation AI from OOTP 15
• Retina display support
• iOS 7 support (iOS 4.3 is the minimum required)
[click to continue reading…]
The best movies app for the iPad just got another great update yesterday. Fandango Movies has a new icon, a very cool new Spotlight carousel feature, and a few more nice improvements.
Here’s the short but very sweet change list for Version 6.0 of Fandango Movies for iPad:
We’ve made your Fandango mobile experience even more exciting. Check out our latest updates:
• The Spotlight carousel now available for both iPhone and iPad!
• Our brand new look features visual enhancements to movie pages, theater lists, as well as a new rating system and easy-to-spot ticketing information icons
• Sign in to your Fandango account using Facebook or Google+ (iPhone only; iPad coming soon). Don’t have an account yet? Create one now for one-tap purchases and to save your favorite theaters.
Fandango has been an excellent iPad app as long as I can remember. It makes it quick and easy to find a great movie, check out when it’s showing in nearby theaters, choose seats and book tickets right within the app. This is a very nice update to this already stellar app.
Here’s an App Store link for Fandango Movies; it’s a free app and a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.
Mobile Cloth is extending this offer due to high demand!
MOBiLE CLOTH wants you to be happy with your iPad and other devices. With a few swipes dry or damp you will see your retina display in all it’s glory again! Did you know that MC removes up to 98% of germs with no chemicals? That’s right, your iPad screen harbors more germs than a toilet seat but with MOBiLE CLOTH your cleaning your display thoroughly every time helping to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria in a safe and environmentally friendly way. Mobile Cloth is washable, durable, and will last for years!
“5 out of 5 stars” – Beatweek Magazine
“Magic Cloth” – MacMagazine Brazil
An Exclusive offer for iPadinsight readers receive a Free nano 5 Pack ($15.99 value) and Free Shipping ($2.99 value) with the purchase of any 5 or 7 Pack
mobilecloth.com use promo code: FREE5
Age of Empires: World Domination will be the first title from the classic Age of Empires real-time strategy franchise to hit the iPad and iOS. It’s due for release this summer, and it looks pretty great in an early trailer video.
It lets you choose from any of the game’s 4 most popular civilizations – the Celts, Vikings, Franks, or Huns – to do battle online in multiplayer combat.
I was a huge Age of Empires fan back in the day, so I’ll be curious to see how well it translates to the iPad. Here’s that trailer video for Age of Empires: World Domination for mobile: