One of the best things about using an iPad is all the great apps that we can run on it. There are excellent apps for just about any purpose you can think of. Better still, there are lots of great free apps for the iPad. Our Best Free iPad App of the Week posts highlight these apps.
This week’s pick is Repix – Remix & Paint Photos, an excellent new photo effects app released just a couple weeks ago. Here’s a little of its App Store description:
Paint unique remixes from photos using magical Repix brushes!
With the brushes you can turn your photos into something special. Just sit back, choose a brush and let the creative juices start flowing through your fingertips.
With Repix you can remix photos exactly the way you want and make your photos stand out. Just choose a photo and start remixing. You can use the carefully handcrafted artistic, effect and color brushes to create your masterpiece.
And its list of notable features:
- Unique, handcrafted brushes to remix your photos
- Edit any part of your photos by simply painting with your finger
- Free to use with new brushes available to purchase
- Pinch screen to zoom in and pay close attention to certain parts of your photo
- Studio-grade technology and intuitive interface to inspire new levels of creativity
- Choose from images in your camera roll or import from Facebook
- Made a mistake? Erase, undo or start again to perfect your photos
- Cropping and adjustments tools to add the final touches to your creation
- Share your Repix creations with friends on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Instagram using #repix
With Repix you don’t just tap to apply an effect to your photo; you use brushes to apply and make adjustments as you go. So you have a finer level of control on the resulting image than in many other simple effects apps.
Repix comes with a good range of brushes – including Cartoonize, Charcoal, Edger, Dotter, Flares, Drips, Posterize, and Silk. You can buy additional brushes at $1.99 per set of four (the 3 sets are Color, Artistic, and Light) or buy all of them for $4.99.
The app also has some nifty editing and adjustment tools – a crop tool and controls to adjust levels of brightness, contrast, saturation, vibrancy, temperature, and vignetting. You just swipe left and right on the image to adjust these levels.
The app’s interface is gorgeous and serves as a good inspiration to make your images as lovely as possible.
I’m always a big fan of apps that offer a strong set of features and remain easy to use. Repix is one of these.
Here’s an App Store link for Repix; it’s a universal app for both iPad and iPhone.
If you’re after more great free iPad apps, be sure to check out our previous choices for Best Free iPad of the Week. We’ve also recently put together a best of the best of our selections from the last year in a Top 25 Best Free iPad Apps list.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014
- Cool Things: Evernote Business Notebook by Moleskine - April 19, 2014
- Mobile Cloth – The Answer to a Grubby iPad - April 19, 2014