Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our weekly picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every Saturday. Check out all our picks via the link at the end of this post and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – an iPad version of the popular TV classic.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, this is an app that should prove hugely popular with kids and Peanuts fans of all ages. It’s an iPad storybook that faithfully renders the original TV special – just as all of the Charlie Brown series for iPad and iPhone from the developers at Loud Crow Interactive do.
The app brings all the humor and charm of the original books, cartoons and TV to the iPad. As well as some gentle reminders of what holidays are all about.
Here are some of the notable features that make this iPad storybook so special:
• Featuring dialogue, music and sound effects from the original 1973 animated special.
• All-new art style turns every page into a living illustration
• Touch, tilt and slide your way through every page of the book!
• Leaf collecting feature and instructional elements playfully guide little readers through the story.
• “For Parents” area safely separates adult controls from child-friendly content.
• Enhanced type and improved swipe tabs increase the applications readability across devices.
• Engaging narration by Stephen Shea, the voice of Linus van Pelt.
• Three reading modes are included for your enjoyment: Read to Me, Read Myself, and Autoplay.
• Additional educational features include word highlighting and touch-to-speak technology.
My 10 year old daughter is an avid Peanuts fan who often falls asleep reading the old Peanuts compilation books. And she loves these Charlie Brown iPad storybook apps from Loud Crow. In my book, you can’t get a much better recommendation than that.
Here’s an App Store link for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving; it’s priced at $5.99 and is a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.
If you’re after more great iPad apps, be sure to check out our previous choices for Best iPad of the Week. We’ve also recently put together a best of the best of our free app selections in a Top 25 Best Free iPad Apps list.