Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every week. Check out all out picks below and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is Quadro by Actions. Quadro is a advertised as a smart controller for your MAC and WINDOWS computer, something akin to an external Apple Touch Bar. Kinda, sorta–but much more than that. I’m not sure if this is good or bad yet. One thing I do know, is that I had never heard of Quadro and I found the concept to be intriguing enough to give it a try and let you decide if its an app that would work for you.
With Quadro you can create touchable shortcuts to accomplish any digital task. You can launch every application and all of their actions–and even automate them. You can also perform online researches, manage your communications and _tons_ more.
The idea with Quadro is to simplify and empower computing tasks, streamline your workflow to help you stay focused and be more productive. Creating an efficient and easy way to interact with your computer is the goal, and I think you can get there “if” you spend enough time with the app and personalize the hell out of it so that it interfaces with your workflow in a meaningful way.
Quadro is ideal for
– speeding up your editing workflow for Audio, Video, Photography, Design
– quickening the change of context, from task manager to chat, from documenting and note taking to web browsing
– boost your online search experience with search automations
– automating cross-platform and cross-application tasks and data transfer
– making the process of learning software super-easy
Control your native or web applications with our many included free presets (find the list at the bottom), or activate Quadro premium and customise its functions and look to fit your necessities and reflect your style. Create your own control palettes for softwares and tasks you use the most, set up your own shortcuts, and when you are done don’t forget to share them with your peers.
Additional Quadro features include…
• Control your favorite apps thanks to 100+ built-in interface presets
• Connect via Wi-Fi or USB
• Add or remove functions from your personal interfaces
• Customise how actions look
• background (with colors, gradients or custom images)
• size (7 dimensions)
• icon (use symbols or artworks, 1600+ included)
• Create new interfaces from scratch for native and web applications
• Add multiple screens to a single interface to keep your tasks organized
• Easily create macro sequences and automate your workflow
• Type from your device to your computer with Keyboard
• Glide and select text with the Smart Arrows
• Launch nested actions in a snap with fluid gestures
• Immediately recall your most used applications thanks to the Favorites section
• Automatic connection to known computers
• Share and install interfaces with a simple link
• Long-press an action to get information about it
After you spend some quality time with Quadro it’s apparent that there is a lot going on–perhaps too much at first look. The app certainly isn’t for everyone. However, with the built-in ability to personalize all of your control screens as well as their appearance, layout and color, it certainly is an intriguing offering for repetitive tasks, as well as a concept worth your time to try it out. It’s a free offering to get started .
Here’s an App Store link for Quadro. Compatible with iOS 8.0 or later, Quadro for iOS is a universal app that works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, and is compatible with OSX and Windows. It can control every native and web application and includes 10 categories of actions and a smart keyboard.
If you’re interested in more great iPad apps, check out our Best iPad Apps section!