Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our weekly picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every Saturday. Check out all our picks via the link at the end of this post and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe, an app with simple and clear ambitions – just to help us understand how the universe works, that’s all. But seriously, this app offers to help explain the principles that control the universe, based on the work of one of the world’s best known and most respected deep thinkers – Stephen Hawking.
Right from the opening video introduction, this app grabs you and makes you want to learn more.
It covers a great range of topics – from how time is not the same for everyone to black holes perhaps not being so black.
The screens in the app have a simple and handsome design and the UI is especially kid friendly.
The heart of the app is a set of 8 interactive experiments that do a great job at making some very heavy concepts easier to understand. They also have accompanying text that provides a more in-depth overview of each topic. Some examples of these include:
- Spin planets in orbit with your own solar system
- Drop objects with Galileo to learn about gravity
- Let Einstein feel some G-force in outer space
- Search for black holes in the constellation of Leo
- Discover Einstein’s warped worldview
Here’s an App Store link for Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe; it’s priced at $4.99.
If you’re after more great iPad apps, be sure to check out our previous choices for Best iPad of the Week. We’ve also recently put together a best of the best of our free app selections in a Top 25 Best Free iPad Apps list.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014