Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our weekly picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every Saturday. Check out all out picks below and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is WunderStation – Weather from Your Neighborhood, a superb iPad weather app made by Weather Underground.
Here’s a little slice of the App Store intro for WunderStation:
We’ve taken weather data to the next level with WunderStation for iPad. WunderStation brings you rapid-fire current conditions, forecasts, and historical weather data from any weather station in Weather Underground’s network of over 37,000 personal weather stations. View, analyze, share and compare data from local personal weather stations with elegant, customizable graphs, infographics, animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and more! Whether you own a personal weather station or you just like to dive into the data, WunderStation is the app for you!
One of the things I love about this app is that it lets you choose weather stations that, as its sub-title suggests, are extremely closeby and right in your neighborhood. There are numerous stations that are useful to me in my area of Southwest Austin.
Once you’ve got a few useful weather stations selected, you can just swipe left and right in WunderStation to change between them and see conditions in all of them.
The app also offers a great amount of weather data, and presents it very effectively – with plenty of room to customize how you see it to suit your preferences. You can basically go to town with adding widgets to the app’s dashboard to see all the info you’re most interested in.
To say this app is feature-packed might be a bit of an understatement – as its feature list shows:
• View current conditions from any weather station including temperature, feels-like temperatures, wind speed and direction, wind gusts, humidity, dew point, pressure, rain accumulation and rate, and moon phase
• 10-day and hourly forecasts including temperature, feels like, dewpoint, pressure, humidity, chance of precipitation, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, sunrise and sunset
• Historical highs and lows for temperature, humidity, pressure, rain accumulation, rain rate, and dewpoint viewable by days, weeks, months, or years
• Sky conditions including sunrise, sunset, total hours of day, total hours of night, and moon phases
• Rainfall totals and rain rate, with ability to set your own water year
• Customizable graphs: overlay as many or as few measurements as you’d like and compare historical conditions
• Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets to create a customized experience according to your data preferences
• Animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and temperature
• Toggle between different viewing options: infographic or graph view
• View a map of all 37,000 weather stations in Weather Underground’s network and save any station to your list
• Swipe right and left to view your saved stations
Here’s an App Store link for WunderStation; it’s a free app.
If you’re after more great iPad apps, check out our Best iPad Apps section.