Who doesnâ€™t like great iPhoneÂ apps? At iPhone Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPhoneÂ appÂ published here each week.Â Check out all out picks below and youâ€™ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite phone.
This weekâ€™s pick isÂ BADLAND 2, byÂ Frogmind. Â The app is currently 50% off–what a great reason to give the sequelÂ to Apple’s App of the YearÂ a try! Â Game apps on my iPhone are a tricky proposition for me. Â For the most part they resideÂ in one of two categories–apps that I would really like to try for one reason or another, or apps that I have played a few times, but have since been forgotten and now just take up space in my extra storage space. Â One thing I’ve noticed over the last few weeks, is that I don’t make time in my day for any leisure/fun time–even if just for a 10 minutes at a time. Â I haven’t made it a resolution or anything serious like that, but I’d like to allow myself a little more down time.
This week, that down-time guided me toward BADLAND 2. Â Unfortunately, even though I had wanted to on a couple of different occasions, I never had purchased the first BADLAND app, so I didn’t have any experiences to draw upon with this purchase. Â That being said, the promo video still looked great, so I took the plunge.
The gist of the game is that you try to stay alive while guiding your character through an amazingÂ colorfulÂ world while also navigating puzzles,Â traps and obstacles.Â There are a plethora ofÂ elements in the game including liquids, flamethrowers, frost, magma, water and volumetric burning light. Â You can lose yourself in this immersive game that sends you down deadly rifts and allows your to fly in any direction. Â You can play in single player mode or go online, and compete against your friends.
AdditionalÂ Amazon Prime VideoÂ features include…
– A SINGLE PLAYER campaign with deviously imaginative levels
* Internet connection not required for single player
– Global ONLINE CHALLENGES
* Challenge your friends and others in asynchronous online events
– Intuitive two-touch controls combined with innovative level design
– Highly immersive audiovisual gaming experience – best enjoyed with headphones
– Universal app optimized for iPhones, iPods and iPads
– Game Center and iCloud support
* Progress synced between all linked iOS devices
– Achievements & online leaderboards
– 3D Touch support for iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus!
* Super precise flying using touch
* Quick actions added to home screen icon to quickly access single player and online
– More levels coming soon as free updates
* The original BADLAND is one of the most updated iOS games of all time
Hereâ€™s anÂ App Store linkÂ for BADLAND 2. Compatible with iOS 7.0 or later, BADLAND 2Â for iOS is an universal app that works with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV. Â Bottom line–BADLAND 2 is an incredibly fun app with a ridiculous amount levels–especially with the addition of the newÂ ‘WARPZONE’ level pack andÂ theÂ 15 new online levels you can play against your friends. Â The only draw back is once I get started, I don’t want to go back to the work I was taking a break from in the first place.
If youâ€™re interested in more great iPhoneÂ apps, check out ourÂ Best iPhone Apps section!