CoachPad is a new iPad app that should be a coach’s dream – at least for coaches who are not scared of making use of the latest tech in their work. Acting as a coach’s companion seems like yet another very ‘natural’ role for the iPad, and this looks like a good app to help it carry out that role. Here’s a slice of its App Store description:
CoachPad is the ideal tool for coaches everywhere – whether you mentor your son’s basketball team or coach a professional football club. CoachPad allows you to sketch out and display formations and tactics all using your iPad in a simple and intuitive way. Sketches are automatically saved and can be viewed or removed in a gallery and reused without overwriting the originals, allowing you to create templates which you can use over and over again.
And some of its key features:
– Simple interface and intuitive drawing tools
– Field templates for basketball, football, soccer, rugby, volleyball and even a blank whiteboard for any purpose
– Undo and redo to playback formations and tactics
– Save your formations to load and edit them later
– Scribble out your mistakes
– Move player tokens by tapping and holding, complete with path outlines
– Present your game-plans in high-definition on your iPad
I haven’t tried this app out at all – as I don’t do any coaching, but it looks good to me and makes me want to be out there coaching something, anything, just to have an excuse to play with it.
You can find CoachPad in the App Store now, priced at $4.99.
If any of you are coaches and have had a chance to try CoachPad out, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.