Smithsonian Magazine for iPad was released last night and is available in the iPad App Store now. It’s a Newsstand compatible version of Smithsonian Magazine – that includes every story, department, and photo – plus a healthy dose of iPad exclusive content.
Existing print subscribers to the magazine get free access to issues they have already bought, beginning with the January 2012 issue – this is always a good starting point to see, when publishers reward the loyalty of their print subscribers. The app itself is free and individual issues (available via In-App purchase) cost $3.99. There are also subscription plans available at $1.99 for one month and $19.99 for one year (11 issues).
Here’s a little detail on the quality content offered by the magazine:
Smithsonian Magazine brings history, science, nature, culture and travel to you:
* Explore history and archaeology from the Sphinx to Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War.
* Catch up on the latest science from wildlife to evolution and the solar system.
* Travel to the best places from Petra to Prague. Stop at art museums and cultural treasures along the way!
The publishers were kind enough to comp me a subscription, and I installed the app last night. I’ve only had a very quick browse through the current issue thus far, but it looks like a very good iPad edition. I’ll spend more time with it soon and I plan to review it fairly soon as well.
Here’s an App Store link for Smithsonian Magazine.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014
- Lovely iPad Rumor of the Day: iOS 7.1 Out Any Day Now, to Support iTunes Festival App - March 5, 2014