Apple has released iOS 6.1 today – the latest update to the iPad (and iOS) operating system. Here’s the change list for this update:
- LTE support for more carriers (Apple previously announced that it would add more LTE carriers this week). 36 additional iPhone carriers. 23 additional iPad carriers.
- Purchase movie tickets through Fandango via Siri (US only)
- iTunes Match subscribers can now download individual songs from iCloud
- New button to reset the Advertising Identifier.
If you’re currently running iOS 5 or later on your iPad 2,3,4 or iPad mini you can download and install this update right on the iPad itself. To do so, go to Settings > General > Software Update, tap Download & Install, and follow the on-screen prompts.
The download is only around 100MB, but it still took around 15 minutes or so on my iPad 3 and iPad mini.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014