The iOS 5.1 update for iPad (and iPhone) is out now. It’s available to download when connected to iTunes or via Software Update on the iPad itself. Here are the items most relevant to the iPad in the 5.1 change list:
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Redesigned camera app for iPad
- Genius mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
The update is around 206MB and took around 30 minutes to download and install on my iPad 2.
As far as I can see the camera app redesign has moved the shoot button to the right-middle of the screen in both orientation modes,and there’s an Options button that lets you toggle a grid on and off. The camera still works nicely for snapping pics of incredibly handsome office colleagues.