Over the last few weeks I’ve posted about some of the more notable iPad 3 rumors, though I’ve never been interested in covering all of them. Now that we’re less than 24 hours away from Apple telling us all about the next-gen iPad I thought I’d share a quick, final rundown of some of the latest and most interesting rumors on iPad 3 / iPad HD Eve. I’ll list them according to how likely I feel they are to prove accurate:
As Close to a Sure Thing as Possible with Apple:
– The next iPad will have a hugely improved (likely retina quality) display.
I’d Bet on It:
– Launch date (when it’s available to buy) has been pegged as Friday March 16, 9 days after the announcement tomorrow. Whenever friends have asked me over the last week or so, I’ve said this date would be my best guess and it still is – though I’ve seen a few rumors of early accessory shipments that suggest there’s a chance the release will be even sooner.
– iPad 3 / HD pricing staying at same levels as current iPad 2 models.
– Apple is making a Smart Case – like the Smart Cover but with some back coverage as well.
– A major refresh for or a brand new Apple TV.
– Yes, it will still have a home button.
– More RAM. It will be needed with the improved display and is almost overdue anyway.
On the Fence:
– iPad HD has emerged as the late favorite for the name of the new iPad. This makes sense given the iPhone 3G and even iPhone 4S naming, but I still wouldn’t be surprised by iPad 3 either.
– New quad-core processor or new dual-core with beefed up graphics handling capabilities.
– Many sources today are saying LTE support is a certainty, with models for both AT&T and Verizon.
– iPad 2 staying around at a lower price ($100 off at each level seems to be the consensus).
That’s my quick bets on what we’ll learn tomorrow. What are yours?