Everybody loves a super slim iPad keyboard case right? Well, maybe not everyone – but iPad keyboard cases styled to look thoroughly ‘Apple-like’ or to make the iPad look a little but like a MacBook Air have certainly proved popular.
Here’s one from a surprising source that looks very promising. It’s the ARCHOS Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad. ARCHOS are well-known and have a good reputation for making portable multimedia players – this new iPad accessory is the product of a new division in the company that’s focused on ‘sharing ARCHOS innovations with other brands’.
There’s a lot to like about the specs for this product – starting with its claim to be the thinnest of the thin when it comes to ultrathin keyboard cases of this kind. It’s just 5mm thick and weighs only 0.5 pounds – both are well under the specs of the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for the iPad. The rest of its key features sound quite good too:
- Adjustable kickstand – Allows one to adjust their iPad for the best viewing experience possible
- Magnetic bonding to the iPad – The keyboard is magnetically held to your iPad
- Automatic screen switch on/off Function – The iPad will turn on or off when the keyboard is removed or placed in the cover position
- Long battery life – Enjoy with your iPad for months thanks to a long battery life via a Bluetooth connection
- Aluminum Back casing – Stylish aluminum back casing to match your iPad
- Full QWERTY keyboard – Type easily with a full keyboard and work quickly with iOS shortcuts
Oh, and it’s going to be priced at $79 – which is well below any iPad keyboard cover of this type that I’ve seen.
It’s due out in March and I’m definitely looking to get hold of a review unit.
You can see more detail on the new ARCHOS Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad at its product page on the ARCHOS site.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Age of Empires: World Domination Coming to iPad and iOS this Summer - April 16, 2014
- Notable New iPad Apps: WordPerfect X7 (Limited Free Trial) - April 15, 2014
- Ziner RSS Reader for iPad Updated – Lots of Nice Little Improvements - April 14, 2014