OK, as I’ve admitted here before, I like iPad stands. Like them a lot, possibly a tad more than you should. I have three favorite iPad stands already – and seeing this one reviewed by my friend Larry Greenberg’s RunaroundTech site makes me feel like I could soon have four.
It’s four pounds of steel. Stable, solid steel too apparently – and that’s my favorite kind when it comes to iPad stands.
Kidding aside, I really like having a good, solid iPad stand on my desk, and I love how this one is generously proportioned enough to allow for using just about any case with it. Here’s the list of key features for it:
- Solid American steel, nearly 4 lbs.
- Anti-tip low and user focused center of gravity
- Artistic shape and design without or with a case or skin
- Proven 55° viewing angle in portrait or landscape
- Spilt back™ cable management
- Silver – Matching Apple keyboard
- White – Low texture
- Black – Low texture
- 4 holding pad locations (Santoprene 3M) available as spare part
- 4 stabilization non-skid black feet (Polyurethane 3M) available as spare part
- iPad 2, iPad Original
These are made in the USA, in the state I grew up in (Connecticut) by a company called Thoughtout. I’ve requested a review unit. If you want to see more details or place an order (they go for $49.99) see the Thoughtout page for them here: http://www.thoughtout.biz/products/Stabile.html