The GoFlex Satellite is a very cool looking solution for those who want to have their full music and media collections available to their iPads. It’s a compact external drive from Seagate with a hefty 500GB capacity – that makes it easy to stream all your content to an iPad or any iOS device.
Here are some of its key features:
- Take more than 300 HD movies on-the-go
- Stream media over Wi-Fi to 3 Wi-Fi enabled devices at the same time
- Automatically sync media and documents from your PC or Mac® computer
- Up to 5 hours battery life and 25 hours standby time
- Works with Mac or Windows PCs
I haven’t tried one out yet, but a good friend of mine who I used to work with (and who’s now an IT Director at a local medical company) has highly recommended it – so I know it’s a solid product.
Here’s the system requirements for the GoFlex Satellite:
- iPad, smartphone, tablet or computer with a web browser and Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
- PC or Mac computer running Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP or Mac OS® 10.5.8 or later operating system for loading media on to GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage device via USB
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds) or USB 2.0 port
If you want access to all your media on the iPad and don’t have the space or don’t want to fill up all its storage, this seems a very nice option to look at. It goes for $199. You can see more details or place an order at Seagate’s product page for it here: http://bit.ly/zyNlIG