The Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad mini is another accessory I’ve been looking forward to trying out – especially after my hugely disappointing experience with the ZAGGkeys Mini 9 keyboard case for the iPad mini.
The Logitech Ultrathin arrived two days ago and yesterday I spent a little time just giving it a first look and typing session. So I thought I’d share a few quick early thoughts on it. Here they are, in no particular order:
– Boy does this case make a good first impression. It looks just gorgeous. I chose a black model and it matches up nearly perfectly with the slate back of the iPad mini.
– It feels great too – very light and nicely living up to the Ultrathin name.
– The iPad mini is attached and detached from it easily – it works almost like a Smart Cover in this respect (and supports automatic sleep/wake).
– The iPad mini also slots in nice and secure to the built-in stand that also uses magnets.
– The keyboard is small. There’s no getting round this – but it doesn’t feel terrible to type on initially. The main rows of keys have decent spacing despite the small form factor. I definitely have some challenges when using the keyboard, but in 30 minutes with it I got past most of them and got decent rates of typing speed with relatively few typos.
I don’t love the keyboard yet, but I feel like I really want to – because I do love the cover itself and how nicely it pairs up with the iPad mini.
That’s about it for first, lightning impressions of the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for the iPad mini. I’ll spend a lot more time with it soon and do a full review once I have.
In the meantime, you can see more details or place an order at the product page for the Logitech Ultrathin.