Wow, today really is full of good news for iPad artists. I posted earlier on the big update to the excellent Procreate painting app. And now I need to mention a great looking new creative stylus for the iPad – just launched by Wacom today.
It’s called the Intuos Creative Stylus, and it sounds like it should have great appeal for artists, creatives, and anyone who needs a powerful, precision stylus for the iPad. Oh, and it looks pretty damn stylish too.
Here are a few of the notable features of the Intuos stylus:
– A unique pressure-sensitive tip that recognizes 2048 levels of pressure. It’s said to offer the artistic control of real brushes, markers, and pens.
– ‘Industry leading’ palm rejection technology.
– Connects to the iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen, and iPad mini via Bluetooth 4.0 Smart. This allows the pressure sensitivity, palm rejection, and also shortcut buttons when used with supported apps.
– The supported apps list is already impressive and includes standout iPad art apps like SketchBook Pro, Procreate, Artrage, ArtStudio, and more. Adobe Ideas and others are listed as coming soon too.
– A brushed aluminum body, soft touch grip and two colors to choose from – blue or black.
It’s priced at $99.95. You can see lots more detail and place an order at the Intuos product page.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Notable New iPad Apps: iOOTP Baseball 2014 - April 18, 2014
- Fandango Movies iPad App Updated: New Spotlight Carousel, New Icon, and More - April 17, 2014
- Sponsor: Grungy iPad Screen, Read On - April 17, 2014