As often mentioned here, I’m a big fan of iPad stands. iPad stands that are versatile – even more so. The Versastand Folding Desking Stand for iPad (which will be referred to as just Versastand for the rest of this review) is touted as being amongst the most versatile you can find. Heck it’s even got a part of versatile in its name – that’s gotta be a good omen.
I’ve been trying one out for a few weeks now and have some thoughts to share.
As the name implies, this is a desktop stand for the iPad, that can be folded away for use on the go. The Versastand is compatible with the iPad 2, 3, and 4 (or iPad 3rd and 4th gen).
Some of its notable listed features include:
– Displays the iPad at optimal ergonomic, glare-free viewing angles
– 360 degree rotation for portrait and landscape viewing
– Folds to just over an inch thick
– Fully articulating arm
– Silver finish matches iPad
– Comes with a smart cover style case
You need to use the back cover case provided with the Versastand in order to use the stand – as there’s a connector piece that’s integrated in it.
It’s part of family of stands from Ergotech Group – others in the line include a kick stand, a surface mount, and a side monitor mount.
The Versastand is currently available for $79 at Amazon.
– The stand is simple to adjust – so it’s easy to find your favorite angles to use it in.
– It’s handsome enough to fit in well on any desktop and especially those where iDevices and Macs are around. The black smart cover case is professional looking as well.
– The connector system is also easy and a pleasure to work with. You can quickly place the iPad on and take it off the stand.
– The iPad feels solid and secure in the stand at all times and in every position that I tried it in.
– As advertised, the stand folds up nicely and is a manageable size for taking out and about.
– It should serve quite well for presentations and for displays at exhibitions and events.
Very few to speak of. For my taste, it’s a little bulkier than I would prefer for an everyday sort of desktop stand. To be fair though, I don’t think that’s the primary intended use for this stand.
It does add a good bit of overall size and bulk to the iPad when you have it in the case. Here’s a shot of it next to my iPad mini in a very slim case that may give you a feel for this:
The Versastand is an impressive and versatile iPad stand. It’s good looking, secure, easy to use in a great range of angles, and should work well as a desktop stand and excel as an iPad accessory at exhibitions and events.
Disclosure: Ergotech provided a review unit of the Versastand to the author of this post. For information on our review policies please see our About page.