The iPad mini Case Prodigy is a case + magnetic stand combo for the iPad mini, made by ZooGue. It’s the new little brother of the iPad Case Prodigy. A couple months back I did a review of the iPad Case Prodigy, case and magnetic stand from Zoogue. I had very positive impressions of the case – here’s a little slice of my sum-up on it:
The iPad Case Prodigy is an impressive and versatile iPad case. It’s solid and professional looking, offers great protection, and works very well as a stand. It seems like a good fit for business users and especially for anyone who needs a pretty sturdy case + stand combo. Everything about it feels secure and well-made.
I was certainly impressed enough with it to immediately order the new iPad mini Case Prodigy when it was released. I’ve had the case for several weeks now and have given it a lot of use. Since I now use the iPad mini a lot more than my bigger iPad, I had high hopes that I would like this case as much as I did the big brother iPad Case Prodigy.
The iPad min Case Prodigy is a folio style case for the iPad mini, but one that offers some extra features not found on a typical folio case. For starters, it uses a magnetic kickstand that supports 5 different stand angles.
It’s made of relatively thin leather (or maybe faux leather) and has soft, microfiber cloth on its interior. It supports the iPad’s automatic sleep/wake feature and offers access to all the iPad mini’s ports and buttons.
The case comes in black only right now and is priced at $49.99.
– This is a handsome and interesting looking case – with its notable grooves for stand positions on its front cover.
– The magnetic kickstand and stand functions of the case work exceptionally well. These make it easy to quickly change to stand mode, easy to change stand angles, and hold the iPad mini securely in all the angles. There are good angles for viewing and working / typing modes.
Here’s a look at the magnetic kickstand on the back of the case:
– The iPad mini is easy to get into and remove from the case. The interior frame holds it securely in place, them magnetic clasp keeps the folio case firmly shut – and folds nicely behind magnetically as well.
– The interior frame covers up too much of the iPad mini’s bezel all around. It is difficult to get to areas you need to tap at times when using the iPad mini in the case – and very difficult to use iOS multitasking gestures. It almost feels there were no adjustments made at all for the slimmer bezel areas on the iPad mini.
– It’s awkward getting to the volume switch.
– The microfiber interior of the front cover is a magnet for dust and dirt – difficult to keep clean.
The iPad mini Case Prodigy is an excellent all rounder case and stand for the iPad mini. It’s comfortable to use around the house, and more than capable and good looking enough to serve you well on the road and in meetings.
I would love to see ZooGue fit the interior frame better to the iPad mini’s bezel – but there are plenty of plus points for this case to make that drawback more than live-able with.
You can see more details or place an order at the iPad mini Case Prodigy product page.
Disclosure: This accessory was independently purchased by the post author. For information on our review policies please see our About page.