A few weeks ago I posted about a $6.95 iPad mini case, and said it was one I just had to see. That case is the Poetic Covermate iPad mini Case. I ordered one on the same day I wrote that post and I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now, and of course I’ve now got some review thoughts to share on it.
The Covermate iPad mini Case is a folio style case with a polyurethane front cover and a hard poly-carbonate back cover. There are 5 different design options to choose for the cover – Rock, Urban Paint, Butterfly, Love in Paris, and Tree. The one I spotted on Amazon was the Tree pattern and I wasn’t aware of the other choices – so that’s the one I have.
The case supports the iPad mini’s automatic sleep/wake feature.
At the Poetic site it is priced at $39.95, but as of this writing you can find it at Amazon for $12.95.
– The front cover design is striking and attractive. My 10 year old daughter loves the look of it, and she became the proud owner of this case as soon as I was done with my review testing and notes.
– Access to all iPad mini buttons, ports, and camera is easy while in this case.
– Though its made of far from luxurious materials, the case feels quite good in the hand. It’s not feather-light like the superb VersaCover for the iPad mini, but it’s still very comfortable to hold and to use the iPad mini while it’s in the case.It’s also quite slim all-round.
– The interior frame that holds the iPad mini works very well. It is super easy to get the iPad mini into and out of this case, and is held nice and secure at all times while using it. It still surprises me how many cases get this feature way wrong, and make it far too difficult to get an iPad in and out of them.
– The back cover attracts a lot of fingerprints and smudges.
The Poetic Covermate iPad mini Case is a very nice folio case for the iPad mini. The Tree design is extremely handsome and the other designs look good too. It’s nicely priced at the Poetic site and is a real bargain at the prices you can currently buy it for on Amazon.
Disclosure: This case was independently purchased by the post author. For information on our review policies please see our About page.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Notable New iPad Apps: iOOTP Baseball 2014 - April 18, 2014
- Fandango Movies iPad App Updated: New Spotlight Carousel, New Icon, and More - April 17, 2014
- Sponsor: Grungy iPad Screen, Read On - April 17, 2014