The SGP illuzion Leather Sleeve Case for the the iPad / iPad 3 is another in the range of Spigen-SGP cases for the new iPad that I’ve been looking at recently. You may recall that I did a review of their Spigen SGP Sleeve for the New iPad back in June, and was quite impressed with it.
This is a similar sleeve case and I’ve now spent enough time with it to offer a quick review.
The SGP illuzion Leather Sleeve is compatible with both the iPad 2 and the new iPad 3. It’s made of genuine leather that SGP describes as ‘soft and luxurious’ and has a soft micro fiber interior. The sleeve can hold the iPad comfortably even with an Apple Smart Cover or a thin back skin on it.
It has an embedded magnetic closure and is available in 8 colors: white, black, lime, Dante red, Solaris orange, Sherbet pink, Tender blue, and Vintage brown. My review unit is a black one.
The price for the SGP illuzion Sleeve is $59.99
– The soft leather on this sleeve is very soft indeed and really does feel great. It makes you want to spend a while just enjoying how good it feels.
– The interior is also soft and has quite an attractive pattern as well.
– It’s a very good looking sleeve and doesn’t give the game away too much in terms of advertising that it’s carrying an iPad.
– Although it doesn’t feel as sturdy as the Spigen SGP Sleeve (due to the much softer leather) it still holds the iPad securely. The magnetic closure works well and helps in this area.
– The SGP branding is applied discreetly to the back cover and on the front underneath where the flap folds onto the magnetic closure.
This is not a knock on this individual case but, as with all sleeve cases, you can’t use the iPad when it’s in the case.
If you’re after an elegant sleeve case for your iPad 2 or new iPad, the SGP illuzion Leather Sleeve is a very nice option to consider. The soft leather looks and feels great, particularly for a $60 case. This sleeve will look good at a business meeting or anywhere else you take your iPad and it’s handsome without being too eye-catching.
You can get more details or place an order at the Spigen SGP product page for the SGP illuzion Leather Sleeve for iPad 2 / iPad 3.
Disclosure: Spigen SGP provided this case to the author as a review unit. For information about our review policies please see our About page.