The Spigen SGP Sleeve for the New iPad is a simple sleeve case for the new iPad 3. I’m not generally a big fan of sleeve cases for the iPad (though I do love the Flowfold) – but this one looked quite nice when SGP offered it among a handful of review units they recently sent me. So I decided to try this one out first and after a few weeks of use, I’m quite fond of it.
The SGP Sleeve for the new iPad has ‘floater style leather’ on its exterior and a soft suede Chamaude interior. It uses embedded magnetic buttons for secure closure. Here’s the list of its key features:
- Premium genuine leather. 100% Handmade
- Soft microfiber chamude interior
- Embedded magnetic closure
- Compatible with The new iPad and iPad 2
- Compatible with Apple Smart Cover, SGP Skin Guards, and Incredible Shields
The case is priced at $47.99.
– This is a very slimline sleeve that adds very little size or bulk when carrying the iPad 3 in it.
– The iPad 3 fits into the sleeve easily and also fits very comfortably when using the Apple Smart Cover.
– It’s a handsome looking case – with very simple and understated style to it. It doesn’t feel flashy at all and serves as a very nice iPad companion whether you’re heading to a local coffee shop or a business meeting.
– The magnetic closure is one of the nicest features of this sleeve. It works flawlessly just like the Apple Smart Cover and makes the iPad feel very well secured when in the sleeve. Most sleeve cases are pretty easy to work with, but the magnetic closure just makes this one feel a little slicker and nicer to use.
– The Spigen wordmark is applied very discreetly on the back of the sleeve and underneath the top flap.
This is not by any means a knock on this individual case, but as is the case with all sleeve cases you can’t use the iPad while it’s in this case.
The Spigen SGP Sleeve for the new iPad is an excellent companion for the iPad 3. It’s good looking, very easy and quick to use with or without a smart cover on the iPad, and features a magnetic closure that gives it just a bit of an extra iPad-like feel.
If you’re a fan of sleeve cases, this one is well worth considering.
You can see more details or place an order at Spigen SGP’s product page for the Spigen SGP Sleeve for the new iPad.
Disclosure: Spigen SGP provided this case to the author as a review unit. For information about our review policies please see our About page.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad Art: Watercolor Tiger - April 20, 2014
- Office 365 Personal: Lower, $69 per Year Option for iPad Users - April 20, 2014
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014