CarZen is a new iPad app (released this week) that helps you research and buy a new car. I’m not currently in the market for a new car, but my wife was recently and the promo email for this app caught my eye and I decided to give it a look.
Here’s a bit of the app’s App Store intro:
CarZen is the most easy-to-use and powerful car search App on the iPad. CarZen is focused on delivering pain-free car research experiences that empowers consumers to make better car-related decisions.
Be prepared before stepping onto the lot with CarZen! See every new car on the market with every color, every option, and every review! It’s like having every auto makers “build your car” in one easy to use application!
And its feature listing:
* Easy-to-use Configuration Tool: Build and price the exact car you’re looking for!
* Search across any combination of brands, body styles and price ranges!
* See any car in every available color!
* Gorgeous high-res full screen photo gallery of every new car on the market!
* Comprehensive Reviews: CarZen offers every review on the internet for every new car – summarized, scored and linked to make your research process that much easier.
* Parking Lot: Save cars to your Parking Lot so you can access them later.
* Get a Quote: Contact local dealers quickly and easily to get the best price on a new car.
* Lightweight App – less than 5 MB!
I’ve never been much of a car nut, or anything close to a car expert either. My wife always has far more knowledge about brands and models and just about everything car-related. Even as a automobile novice though it seems clear to me that this app is quite a good tool if you’re thinking on getting a new vehicle.
For starters, it has a very nice user interface and makes it easy to dive in with your search straight away. As soon as you launch the app you’re prompted to search by body style, price, or brand. It covers an extensive range of brands – so for instance I was able to home right in on Aston Martin, which is of course right in the target price range for an iPad blogger.
Once you choose a model, you’re presented with tons of information about it; including tabs covering Overview, Reviews, Specs, Features, and Build. Each of these is presented well and in font sizes and layouts that are very easy on the eyes.
You can also choose a trim and get a quote from a local dealer via a simple form within the app, and save cars you are interested in to your ‘Parking Lot’ within the app for further perusal at a later time.
I really found this app a pleasure to use, even though I appear to be just a little light in the wallet for an Aston Martin at the moment. If you’re in the market for a new car in the US, this looks like a great tool to help you narrow the field and find the one that’s right for you.
Here’s an App Store link for CarZen for iPad; it’s a free app.