Yesterday I wrote abut how to upgrade or downgrade the amount of iCloud storage you need for your iPad. While I suspect that this is the default cloud service used by the majority of iPad owners–it certainly isn’t the only cloud service available to store your data in the cloud. One of our readers who read my post from yesterday brought up a good point
Why not suggest to open a Hotmail or GMail account and get a free 15 Gig of storage? –DAN
This got me thinking. Dan is absolutely right. There are definitely other viable options out there worth mentioning. So, after little research, I thought I’d gather some of the more popular cloud storage options for iPad owners. For the sake of this exercise, here are a few basic ground rules I’m applying in my comparison.
- Only real-time offers available _right now_ are considered
- No special offers or promotions considered for buying your iPad at any particular retail outlet.
- No extra incentives to “earn” additional storage (e.g. referring friends, tweeting or sharing on Facebook for additional “free” storage)
- Personal accounts only–no business or shared accounts
- New iPad owners only–no bonus deals for having been grand-fathered in to legacy deals.
Links to the pricing structure for each cloud service