Ever taken the perfect photo of your kiddo with a big smile on their face and then discovered that you also got some random kid in the background picking their nose? On the desktop I’ve used a superb app called Snapheal to remove unwanted content in situations like that.
Now I’ve discovered there’s a great little iPad app that will do this too, thanks to a mention by reader D.R. The app is called TouchRetouch HD and it’s easy to use, has some great tools, and works like a charm.
These are a few of its notable capabilities and features:
* Remove spots from sky or other backgrounds
* Remove wires from your picture
* Remove banners from the buildings
* Remove human-made objects from nature views (bridges, buildings, tents, ships etc.)
* Remove your shadow from self-made picture
* Remove people from the photo
* Remove ghosts and flare
* Remove surface breaks
* Smoothen and retouch the face
* Create funny pictures: for example, remove parachute and leave the guy flying in the sky
* In-app video tutorials
* Unlimited Undo\Redo actions
* Smart image background recovery techniques
* No distortions in final image
* Easy to use interface
* Sending retouched images via e-mail
* Original image resolution
I’ve been using the app for a few days now and finding it an absolute pleasure to work with. Here’s a before and after shot of the first image I tried out with it:
Finally, here’s a quick screencast I did this morning talking a little more about it and giving a demo of the app in action:
Here’s an App Store link for TouchRetouch HD; it’s priced at just $0.99.