One of my favorite email clients, Cloud Magic is now Newton. Cloud Magic was already a clean, fast reliable way to navigate and triage your email. With a reliable push notification system, and versions for both iOS and Mac, Newton had developed into a mature ecosystem. Now that they have built their app into a huge success, the creators of Newton felt that it was time for the next stage of development. They intend to take this awesome email client/platform, and add even more power features and improvements. Furthermore, they plan to add support for additional platforms and evolve Newton into a email client that boosts your productivity by making email fun and easy.
With these strategic improvements and a commitment to the future of the platform, Newton will now transition to a pay to use model. This won’t happen overnight. You will be able to try all of Newton’s features for a 14-day free trial. If you like what you see, you can subscribe for $49.99 per year to continue using the full version of Newton. They believe that it’s a fair price based upon their plans for the future, and the monetary commitment it will take to build a solid, reliable product. In addition, this model will allow for sustainable growth and stability for the future.
Will it work? Only time will tell. Compared to what is already available, it does feel a little pricey. But if you spend the majority of your day in email, and you can benefit from the connected services and features that Newton offers, a little over $4/month isn’t that big of an investment. Newton currently works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
If you’ve already paid for the Mac app or the Sender Profile, you will automatically get 1-year subscription to Newton for free. Download the apps for free on iOS & Mac and start your 14-day free trial today. But don’t worry if you’re already using Cloud Magic, you can continue to use it for free. However you will be missing out on all the new features released in the update as well as what they have in the pipeline.
With Newton you get a plethora of power features…
● Email Tracking
● Sender Profiles – Know more about the people who email you, right inside a conversation. Get job title, organization info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles and more.
● Snooze – Deal with email only when you want to. Snooze email, not productivity.
● Connected Apps – Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Zendesk, Salesforce and Asana.
● Send Later – Schedule emails to be sent at the perfect time.
● Undo Send – For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters – Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff – Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Custom Folder Sync – Get notified about emails that land in your folders.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.