1Password has been a popular and leading password manager app for iOS and Mac for as long as I can remember. It now supports Windows PCs too and for my money it is easily the best solution in its category. I picked it as one of our selections in the Best iPad Apps of 2011 list.
At the end of last week the latest shiny new version of 1Password for iPad and iOS was released – and Oh Boy, talk about not resting on your laurels. This is a great new version with some very nice new features – like these:
* iCloud — Secure syncing with Apple simplicity
* Favorites — Access your most used items with a single tap
* Full browser — Address bar with built-in search, tabs, printing: the works!
* Form filling — Fill Credit Cards and Identities on websites just like with 1Password Mac and Windows!
* iTunes File Sharing — Easily grab a copy of your data file right from iTunes
* Action Bar — Swipe across an item to easily copy its password, mark is as a favorite, open it in the browser, or delete it
* Global search — Find what you’re looking for the first time
* Available in 11 languages!
* Password Generator — Now available in the built-in browser without a prescription
* Attachment viewer — View file attachments on the go
In these days of rampant identity theft and hackers often outpacing security, you could argue that there is no more important apps than an effective, secure password manager and information vault. 1Password fits the bill and is a pleasure to use. It has been and remains an essential for me on iPad and the Mac.
Here’s an App Store link for 1Password; it’s priced at $7.99 and is a universal app for both iPad and iPhone.