1Password for iPad and iOS has been updated this week (to Version 4.5) – and it’s the biggest update ever for the already excellent password manager app.
The update starts strong by making a change that the developers say is by very, very popular demand – making search always accessible at the top of the categories tab and on each main category.
Here are just some of the other highlights of this latest update to 1Password for iPad:
1Password – The Reimagined Edition
– AirDrop – Share items more conveniently, face-to-face
– Our sharing menu is now a good iOS 7 citizen
– iPhone item details for viewing and editing items are now 75-90% more viewtiful and edible. Wait, editable. Yeah
– Nothing says “reimagined” like a brand new app icon
Multiple Vaults & Sharing
– If you create multiple vaults with 1Password 4 for Mac or Windows, you can now add them to 1Password for iOS and switch between them in Settings. Great for securely sharing items with team members or family, or simply for your own organization!
– Demo Mode is dead, long live the new Demo Vault – We moved our popular Demo Mode feature to Settings > Vaults. You can add demo information as a secondary vault to demonstrate 1Password without revealing all your personal information
– Multiple Dropbox accounts – Have more than one Dropbox account? Great! You can now sync vaults that are shared from different Dropbox accounts
1Browser is better than ever
Our built-in browser is faster and more powerful, making it easier to login, checkout, and fill forms with a single tap.
– One AutoFill to rule them all – Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards are all under the same button in 1Browser, similar to 1Password mini on the Mac!
– 1Browser now prompts the user to permit it to open non-http and non-https URLs, such as FaceTime call prompts
– Swipe it to the left, swipe it to the right. *Ahem*, to go back and forward in 1Browser, that is
– The 1Browser tab view got a facelift
– Awesome Little Circular Progress Indicator in 1Browser – For your page loading pleasure
Keep It Together
– Now supporting custom item images added via 1Password 4 for Mac
– Improvements and bug fixes in Wi-Fi sync
– We made your data file much smaller, which makes sync much faster
– The ‘Folders’ tab on iPhone is now called ‘Organize’ because…
– Tags join the party – Any tags you add to items in 1Password for Mac and Windows now appear next to your folders on iOS! Tag on
This really looks like a fantastic update for 1Password, which continues to be one of the very best options if you need a password manager for the iPad, iOS, Mac, and Windows.
Here’s an App Store link for 1Password; it’s priced at $8.99 and is a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.