The ever-excellent 1Password app for iPad and iOS has been updated again this week, to Version 4.2.
This is another big update for 1Password, with a slew of new features and enhancements for its 1Browser inline browser. A big new feature, apparently based on user demand, is sharing. You can now share 1Password items via email and Messages. The search function within the app has also been beefed up – it now searches URLs as well as item titles.
Here’s the full (full!) change list for this latest version:
* Added Go and Fill bookmarks in 1Browser on iPad.
* Added the ability to use Strong Password Generator in 1Browser on iPad.
* Added the ability to auto-submit on login filling.
* Added fill animations to make it easy (and fun) to see where fields are filled.
* Added Copy to Clipboard in the Share menu to copy the current URL to the clipboard.
* Closing the last tab will now direct you back to vault mode.
* Added 1Browser settings menu.
* Added the ability to adjust auto-submit and fill-animation defaults.
* Added the ability to clear the Web Data (eg. Cookies) from 1Browser.
* Added the ability to share items through Messages or email.
* Shared items include a special ‘Add to 1Password’ link which allows you to directly add them to 1Password.
* Added the ability to expand search results across all fields.
* Search results now includes the primary URL of the item.
* 1PasswordAnywhere (1Password.html) will now display custom fields.
* 1Password will prompt to open in the web view when launching 1Password with a URL in your clipboard.
* Improved translations and the addition of Greek.
* Improvements to Dropbox syncing.
* Many bug fixes and improvements.
1Password is the best password manager app I’ve seen for iOS and Mac, and now for Windows PCs too. It was a repeat selection in our list of the Best iPad Apps of 2012. Regular, significant updates like this one are one of many reasons that this is such a great app.
Here’s an App Store link for 1Password; it’s priced at $17.99 and is a universal app designed to to run on both iPad and iPhone.