Agile Messenger HD Pro – a new IM app for the iPad, with Facebook support – has just hit the App Store tonight. This has been my favorite IM app on the iPhone for ages and I’ve used the final pre-release build of the app and liked it quite a bit.
Here’s more info on the app via its App Store page:
Agile Messenger HD lets you connect to Facebook® IM, Yahoo®, MSN®/Live Messenger®, GoogleTalk®, ICQ®, Jabber® and AIM®, and stay online while you use other apps thanks to iOS 4.2 multi tasking support.
In addition to Instant Messaging, Agile Messenger HD also features full Facebook support, enabling you to update your status, post to your friend’s walls, post comments, view your news feed and receive instant Facebook notifications.
There is a "Lite" and a "Pro" version of Agile Messenger HD:
Agile Messenger HD Lite supports all Facebook features for free, including Facebook IM. Access to additional IM networks can be unlocked with an in-app purchase. This version is best for users who only want Facebook or don’t use many IM networks.
Agile Messenger HD Pro comes with all IM networks unlocked. This version is better suited for users who use multiple IM networks.
– Always-on connectivity to all IM networks while you use other apps
– Facebook support lets you post on your own and your friend’s walls, post comments, view your news feed and receive instant Facebook notifications
– Instant Voice and Picture Messaging to any IM contact.
– Intuitive and fully customizable User Interface lets you change the wallpaper, colors, fonts, message sounds etc.
– Built in web browser, visit links people IM you without leaving the app.
– Full support for emoticons of all the different IM networks.
You can find Agile Messenger HD Pro in the App Store now, priced at $2.99.