Apple has released a new WWDC app for the iPad and iOS today. The app looks useful both for those who are lucky enough to be attending WWDC this year and those who are not able to make it as well.
Here’s a slice of its App Store introduction:
Make the most of the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can’t join us in San Francisco, you can still follow along each day — session videos are just a tap away for all Registered Apple Developers.
• Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events
• Mark schedule items as favorites with a simple double-tap
• Watch session videos, available daily
• Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another
• Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see daily snapshots
• View maps to find your way around Moscone West
• Provide feedback on session content and speakers within the session details view
• Add your attendee information to Passbook for speedier on-site registration
I’m not a developer and I couldn’t even come close to playing one on TV, but this app seems like it should come in handy for iOS and Mac developers. The session videos in particular I would imagine.
Do we have any iOS and/or Mac developers here? If so, let us know in the comments what you think of this app.
Here’s an App Store link for WWDC; it’s a free app – so a slight discount on the $1,600 price of a WWDC ticket.