The iOS winners in the 5th annual Best App Ever Awards have been announced. These awards have been my favorite app awards ever since their first year, and I love the idea behind them:
Honor the best, not just the best selling
This year’s biggest award – the overall Best App Ever – went to Walking Dead: The Game. I’ve played this game and think it’s quite good, though I’m not enough of a real gamer to offer an opinion on whether it’s worthy of the big award.
The awards this year are bigger than ever – with well over 100 separate categories covered. And there are a lot of winners that I’m very glad to see and that I wholeheartedly agree with. Here’s a few that stand out as great choices for me:
– Dropbox – winner of the Most Useful App.
– OmniFocus for iPad – winner of Best Task Management App.
– iA Writer: winner of Best Writing App.
– Reeder for iPad – winner as Best RSS Reader App.
– Numberlys – winner as Best Storybook App. This one is an all-time favorite for my daughter and I.
– Launch Center Pro – winner of Most Innovative App.
There are lots more great winners throughout all the many categories. These awards are always a great source of ideas for top notch apps to check out – and this year there’s more of this than ever with the expanded award categories.
I’m fortunate enough to be friendly with Jeff Scott of 148Apps, who created these awards and works hard on them every year. I’ve helped with nominations and judging and anywhere I could over these 5 years. This year I greatly enjoyed helping out with the list of award categories.
Check out the 2012 Best App Ever Awards winners list when you have a chance – I bet you find quite a number of great iPad apps and games to take a look at.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014