Bloomberg TV+ is a new (and free) iPad app that offers 24 hour a day live streaming from their financial news TV network – and there’s no subscription required.
Here’s more on the app and its key features via its App Store page:
Bloomberg Television is a 24-hour global business & financial news network that is watched by the most affluent and influential viewers in the world. It is supported by the world’s largest international news bureau network with 146 bureaus in 72 countries.
– Live TV: Bloomberg Television Live 24-hours a day
– Featured videos: The biggest business stories right now prioritized by importance
– Last 24 Hours: All the important business stories from the last 24 hours
– Exclusive interviews with the most influential people in business, finance and investment
– Original content produced for mobile
– Bloomberg’s critically acclaimed shows on demand
– Download videos for offline viewing
– Get extra content on people, companies and topics while watching
– Search our extensive library of video content
– Set and receive reminders for upcoming programs on Live TV
– Share videos via Twitter, Facebook and Email
– Customize your interactive scrolling ticker and get the latest news and market information
– Enjoy all of this in portrait or landscape; fully optimized for both
I find it hard to imagine a network that large with that many bureaus that isn’t covering sports, but then again I’m not really a follower of any of the big financial markets or networks. For those who are I imagine this may become a favorite iPad app. I wonder how it stacks up against The Wall Street Journal’s WSJ Live for the iPad.
Here’s an App Store link for Bloomberg TV+; it’s a free app.