Here’s a sort of app you don’t see often in the App Store. Yards is a new iPad app that’s all about a popular craft brewery in Philadelphia of the same name.
Philadelphia’s favorite hometown craft brewer pours it on! Interact with the stats and stories behind the full Yards lineup — signature ales, seasonal offerings and famous Ales of the Revolution — and find out what makes every drop of Yards’ beers so extra special.
Here are some of the app’s features:
· An interactive overview of Yards’ award-winning craft ales, from Philly Pale and ESA to General Washington’s Tavern Porter
· Food pairing suggestions from our experts
· A brief history of Yards
· A look around the brewery
· An exclusive video interview with Yards founder Tom Kehoe
· Beer lore to quench your thirst for information
· A one-stop resource with everything you need to know to complement your favorite Yards ale!
I’d never heard of Yards, or any of their brews, before receiving a promo email about the app this morning. I’m not at all averse to a good pint, and that’s a pretty fine-looking pint in the screenshot at the top of this post – so I’ll be giving the app a look.
One feature I’m surprised not to see mentioned is some sort of listing of where you can get their brews – bars, supermarkets, stores in users’ local areas and such. I know that would make me much more likely to give them a try.
You can find the Yards app in the App Store now, and it’s a free app.
Any fans of Yards ales here?