CNN App for iPad is, as you might well guess, the brand new iPad app from one of the leading US news organizations. They’ve had an iPhone app for some time now, but this one is built specifically for the iPad.
The app’s description is a pretty standard sounding one, that really doesn’t provide much of a feel for the app – but here’s a chunk of it anyway:
Experience the new CNN App for iPad. Share and comment on news & insights, watch live and breaking news video, and take yourself deeper into the stories.
Welcome to the bigger picture.
– Go beyond breaking news with top headlines, in-depth feature stories and video
– Choose your view from different navigation options; quickly scan the headlines or immerse yourself in a slideshow
– Take part in the conversation by commenting on stories and reading others’ responses
– Share stories on Facebook and Twitter or via e-mail
– Save stories for offline viewing
– Watch live video streams of breaking news and other major news events
As always with iPad news apps, I’m very keen to see how this one looks and how it stacks up against some of the other big-name titles. I’ll be giving it a look and sharing my thoughts on it very soon.
You can find CNN App for iPad in the App Store now; and it’s a free app thanks to a sponsorship deal.