Consumer Reports Digital Edition is the new iPad version of the popular and long-established consumer products review magazine. They’re launching with a free ‘preview’ issue, which has a feature article on the tablets market.
Here’s more about the new title via its App Store page:
Consumer Reports – the magazine that millions trust to give them expert, unbiased Ratings, Reviews and Recommendations about all the products they buy – is now available on your iPad and enhanced with videos, images and much more. From cars to toasters, digital cameras and TVs, Consumer Reports has all you need to know before you buy.
Take a look – for free. Download the app and check out our free iPad preview issue. Interested in more? Each new monthly issue will be available for purchase as an in-app purchase. We’ll let you know when the next one is available.
Featured in this free preview issue:
– ‘Honey, they’ve shrunk my stuff!” It’s not your imagination: Products are getting smaller. Are your favorites on our list?
– Safety Watch: The trouble with recalls is that most warnings don’t reach many consumers. See what you can do to ensure they reach you.
– No one covers cars the way we do – Check out our Ratings, Reviews and Recommendations for SUVs from Porsche, Infinity, Lincoln and Ford and more.
– So many tablets, how do you choose? Apple? Samsung? We rated the latest on the market. Which did our experts say is the best choice overall?
– Beyond Bread – From bread to roasts, 2 slices or 4, we rate toasters and toaster ovens so you can get the best for less.
No mention of a subscription option. Hopefully that will change very soon, as I can’t see many users paying for individual issues anymore now that we know a subscription model for nespaper and magazines on the iPad and iPhone is in place.
Here’s an App Store link for Consumer Reports Digital Edition, and it’s a free app, with in-app purchases for forthcoming issues.