CVS is a new iPad app for the CVS Pharmacy chain. The app promises a ‘virtual 3D’ CVS store experience, along with an impressive number of features. Features include:
• Visit a virtual 3D CVS/pharmacy® store
• Store locator with directions, contact information, hours and services
• Shop using your CVS.com® account
• Refill prescriptions linked to your CVS.com® account
• Access your prescription history
• Refill as a guest
• Scan your refill using your iPad’s camera (for iPad 3 and higher)
Weekly Ad & Shop
• Browse your local store’s Weekly Ad
• Shop our entire online product catalog, from health to beauty
• See your ExtraBucks® Rewards
• See your ExtraSavings™ and send coupons to your card
• Sign up to receive offer-filled emails
• View iPad albums and photos
• Order photos for express pick up
• Find clinic locations
• Check services
• See which insurance is accepted
I’ve installed the free app and taken a quick browse around it. The virtual 3D experience is
very basic – it really just shows the general layout of a typical CVS store.
I’m fortunate in that I don’t have a need to use pharmacies terribly often – I don’t need their photo services and nobody in my family has any regular prescriptions. I know there are many people who do rely on a local pharmacy and this app looks like it should prove quite useful for anyone who frequents a local CVS.
Here’s an App Store link for CVS; it’s a free app.