Dropbox, the superb file sync and storage service’s app for iPad and iOS, has been updated today – to Version 2.1
It’s not a huge update, but it includes a few notable new features. Top of the list is a new PDF viewer. I just installed the update and the new viewer looks pretty sharp. Dropbox is never going to my favorite place to spend a lot of time with PDFs, but it’s definitely useful for its viewer to be improved.
Here are the remaining two items on the update’s change list:
• Receive a push notification when someone shares a folder with you
• Sort your files by date modified
Dropbox is an essential part of my life with iOS devices and my Mac. I still trust it more than iCloud for many things. The app gets heavy use on my iPad and iMac – so it’s always cool to see it adding nice new features.
Here’s an App Store link for Dropbox; it’s a free app.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014
- Cool Things: Evernote Business Notebook by Moleskine - April 19, 2014
- Mobile Cloth – The Answer to a Grubby iPad - April 19, 2014