Evernote for iPad (and iPhone) has been updated this week, to Version 5.2. The .x numbering feels almost understated for this update, as it packs quite a number of notable new features. These include a handy new snippet view, business notebooks, and access to The Trunk – the impressive range of apps that are partnered with and connected to Evernote.
I’ve always meant to explore some of the trunk apps more, and being able to take a look at them right within Evernote means I’m much more likely to get around to doing this.
There are also several new features that make improvements to working with PDFs.
Here’s the full change list for this substantial Evernote for iPad update:
• New Snippet View is great for quickly scanning your notes
Better PDF Viewing
• New PDF viewer
• Multipage preview screen for PDFs
• Search inside of your PDFs to find what you need
• Turn your iPad to get a 2-page view
• New rotation lock option lets you lock your view
• Simplify Text: Cleans up formatting. Great for web clips.
• Plain Text: Converts the note into plain text
• Business Notebooks can be set as Offline Notebooks
• View your company’s Business Library from your iPad
• See hundreds of partners that expand your Evernote experience in the Trunk
• Open PDFs and images in email, airprint and other supported apps
• Better handling of large note uploads and timeout issues
• Various bug fixes
There’s also a note at the top of the change list – acknowledging issues that some users are having with the update, and a way past them:
We are aware that some users are experiencing crashes on upgrade. We are testing a fix for this issue and will get a new version to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, uninstalling and reinstalling the app should resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.
I haven’t had any problems with the update.
Here’s an App Store link for Evernote; it’s a free app and a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014