Hurrah. The Evernote app got an update yesterday – to Version 3.3.2 – and now it will finally run without crashes on my iPad. Previously it was continually failing to launch after using it just a few times, crashing straight back to the home screen – even after a couple of remove and reinstall efforts.
Here’s the full list of changes in the new 3.3.2 version:
- Full screen note viewing on the iPad
- Fixed geo-tagging for new notes
- Fixed integration with some third-party apps
- Fixed several syncing issues, including the "u2" error
- Fixes slow (header) synchronization on iPhone
- Speeds up (header) synchronization on iPad
- Fixes crash when quitting iPhone application while editing a note
- Significant performance improvement in the iPad places view
- Improvements to the audio recorder
I’m hoping Evernote will remain stable on the iPad now, as it looks very promising in the brief time I’ve spent with it – and it is my go-to notes app on the Mac.