The Facebook for iPad and iOS was updated yesterday, to Version 5.2. The headline new feature in this update is the ability share links directly from within the News Feed.
Here’s the full list of new features in this update:
Now you can share the best stories from your news feed with just one tap.
• New Share link to re-post stories from your news feed
• Tag your friends in any post, comment or photo
• Smileys, hearts and other emoji in messages
• To sort your feed, tap the button next to News Feed in the left sidebar
I installed the update last night and so far the new sharing feature works well for me. It might be just my imagination, but the News Feed also seems to update a bit quicker and more smoothly for me after this update – whereas the last Faecbook app update seemed to have made it very slow and sometime just plain unresponsive.
OK, iPad Facebook users – what do you think of this latest update?
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014