The Gmail app for iPad and iPhone has been updated today, and added the ability to open links directly in 3 leading Google apps: Google Maps, Chrome, and YouTube.
Today’s update is Version 2.2.7182 of the Gmail iPad app. Here’s the short but very sweet change list for it:
- YouTube, Google Maps and Chrome links go directly to the app instead of the mobile web, if installed. You can turn this off using the in-app settings.
- Added support for signing out of a single account instead of having to sign out of all accounts at once.
You can turn on or off the option to use each of the 3 Google apps in the app’s settings with just a quick tap. The default has them all on.
This is great news for users of iOS and GMail – since Apple still does not allow us to choose our default web browser or Maps app.
The new version is available now – here’s the App Store link for GMail. It’s a free app and a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014