Google Earth is now a universal app, with newly added support for the iPad, which includes full resolution imagery and ‘an iPad-specific look and feel‘. Here are some of the app’s key features:
• Navigate the world with a swipe of your finger
• Swipe with two fingers to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
• Show the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
• View geo-located Wikipedia articles
• Use the Location feature to fly to your current location
• Search for cities, places, and business around the globe with Google Local Search
I’ve been giving the app a quick look this morning, and it looks quite good so far – smooth and fast to move around.
You can find Google Earth in the App Store now – and it is a free app.