The Google+ iPhone app got another update yesterday, to Version 22.214.171.12414 (continuing the hilarious that numbering system).
Here’s what’s new in this latest version:
- Start a video Hangout from Messenger
- New photos UI
- Bug fixes
Here’s what’s not:
– Still no iPad version. So not only do you still need to run the app in goofy 2X mode on the iPad, but it also doesn’t rotate with the screen, so you’re forced into portrait view.
I like Google+ as a platform and use it often on the desktop. I would use it a lot on iOS if they would make their app universal or release an iPad version. It honestly strikes me as better suited for the iPad – so other than the Apple vs. Google arch enemies stuff, I can’t see why they don’t get on with brining an iPad version out.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014
- Cool Things: Evernote Business Notebook by Moleskine - April 19, 2014
- Mobile Cloth – The Answer to a Grubby iPad - April 19, 2014