The iWork suite for iPad – Keynote, Numbers, and Pages – has been updated this week. Each of the apps is now at Version 2.5 following this latest update.
This update brings support for iCloud Drive, a major part of Apple’s upgrade to iCloud in iOS 8. It also makes it easier to share documents from Keynote, Numbers, and Pages to other services like Dropbox and Gmail.
Here’s the full list of what’s new in the update to Pages, the list is similar for Keynote and Numbers:
Support for iCloud Drive
• Support for third-party storage providers
• Updated file format makes it easier to send documents via services like Gmail and Dropbox
• Instantly switch between iPad, Mac, and iPhone with Handoff
• More color options including new custom color mixer on iPad
• Use the color picker to sample and apply any color available in your document
• Take photos and videos right from the app
• Insert inline images in tables, headers, and footers
• Inter-table alignment guides
• Column and row labels in tables
• Usability improvements for resizing and positioning charts
• Improved accessibility
• Improved bi-directional language support
• Export ePub files with video
I’m sure we’ll soon be writing more about iCloud Drive once we’ve spent some time using it.