The MapQuest iOS app has been updated today, to Version 3.2. One of the headline new features in this update is the addition of traffic-based routes – which help you route around heavy traffic, road closures and the like.
Here’s the remainder of the change list for Version 3.2:
• Added helpful tips in the route list, like “Federal Blvd is just past Grove St”
• Support for the iPhone 5′s four-inch display
• You can now pause navigation at any time from the updated navigation display
• Pick a fancy new icon for yourself by tapping on your current location icon
• Fixed a crash some users were experiencing when using traffic
This is actually an iPhone app that does not yet have a full iPad version, but I’ve used it quite a bit on family road trips and it has always worked very well. In fact it often served us much better than the Maps app did – even back before iOS 6 when the Maps app was still powered by Google Maps.
Here’s an App Store link for MapQuest; it’s a free app.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad Art: Watercolor Tiger - April 20, 2014
- Office 365 Personal: Lower, $69 per Year Option for iPad Users - April 20, 2014
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014