MLB.com At Bat has been updated for 2012 and is now available in the iPad App Store. A lot has changed this year for the app. For starters, it’s now a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.
It’s also now a free app with subscription options available via In-App purchase. The subscription options are as follows:
****At Bat 12 Subscription Options****
– One-time annual fee of $14.99 for the entire 2012 season, Spring Training through the World Series (same price as 2011).
– Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
– MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 12 for free.
Ever since the App Store opened Major League Baseball has lead the way in terms of official apps for major US sports. MLB At Bat has been a stellar app since its first entry on the iPhone. This year’s universal version looks like it may be better than ever.
It’s already packed with a host of good features for Spring Training:
****At Bat 12 Features for Spring Training (Additional features and functionality will be released in an update before Opening Day).****
– Access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch live video of about 150 Spring Training games
– Listen to available radio broadcasts of Spring Training games
– Follow batter-by-batter action for every Spring Training game
– Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters and player stats for every team
– Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
– Enhanced video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
If you’re a baseball fan this is a must-have app on the iPad and iPhone. Here’s an App Store link for MLB.com At Bat.